onsdag 3 augusti 2011

Gästblogg Jamaica - Montego bay and the last days in Jamaica

Soffis är tryggt hemma igen - här är sista inlägget från Jamaica! Om nån är intresserad av organisationen eller vill komma i kontakt med Soffipropp; ta kontakt med mig på mail.

**************************

I spent my last weekend of the volunteer period at the beach in Montego Bay. I had managed (with the help from my host mum) to get a hotel room at Sunset Beach Resort, an all inclusive hotel, for a very reasonable price. The hotel was just fantastic! OK, I think I would have got a bit restless after some days, but for spending Saturday and Sunday it was absolutely wonderful. Friendly staff, good atmosphere, pleasant rooms, OK food and drinks, very nice beach and pool area. Also the weather was better than expected (forecast was very bad, though). It was raining, a very fine and not constant rain, most of the Saturday. Sunday morning it was cloudy and rain was in the air, but the sun started to shine after some hours. I did not expect the sun and got sunburned on my legs! What a stupid thing to get the last day in Jamaica...
http://www.sunsetbeachresort.com/
 









The trip home to Norway went just fine. Nine hours from Montego Bay to London, and two hours from London to Oslo. I lost seven hours on the way, and I arrived in Oslo approx. the same time as I had left Montego Bay the day before.

I have had a fantastic month in Jamaica! I would recommend everybody, who are considering doing something like this, to just do it! It gives you so much and it is a memory for life. Finally, I want to thank all the nice and friendly people I met, who all contributed to my happy stay in Jamaica: my host family, the staff, colleagues at Christiana Potatoes, and all other persons I had the oppurtunity to meet. I will always remember this summer. And, Jamaica, some day I will be back!

Inga kommentarer: